University of Religions and Denominations
The University of Religions and Denominations is a private center of learning and research focused on the following goals:
- To train students and researchers in the fields of religions, Islamic denominations and the Shiite studies
- To acquire profound and accurate knowledge of Islam and Shiism
- To answer all questions and inquiries concerning Islam and Shiism
- To strive for the spread of ethics and spirituality amongst all, taking account of what all religions have in common and share with each other
- To strengthen and increase the scientific output of home (Islamic/Iranian) scholars
- To carry out essential, applicable and comparative research in the above mentioned fields
- To print and publish magazines, periodicals and books on different religions and sects
- To establish two-way relationship with similar institutes and universities worldwide as well as other researchers and academics.
Departments And Courses
The university currently has three departments:
- Department of Religions
- Department of Islamic Sects
- Department of Shiite Studies.
Each department has three courses of study. The courses available at the Department of Religions are Abrahamic Religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism); Non-Abrahamic Religions (Hinduism, Buddhism) and religions of ancient Persia. The courses available at the Department of Islamic Sects are: Sufism and Islamic spirituality, Theological Sects and Jurisprudential Sects and the courses available at the Department of The Shiite studies are: Shiite studies from a theological perspective, Shiite History and Studies of Shiite Sects.